A little something!

2 Jun 2008

Should I?!

Keshi’s post pushed me write this post below.. Some things which are there in my mind since many days and have made me think a lot...

Is forgiveness actually virtue? How much can you forgive someone? And why people don’t forgive you then? I do forgive people. Rather I always forgive people keeping all my self respect aside and talk with the person. But does this mean that, the person has right to take it as his/her victory?
Should I still forgive the person?
The person who shared all his/her secrets with you and you kept all those secrets safe.. And now the person does not even talk to you, just because you did not do one thing for him/her? How selfish is that? What about other hundreds of things you actually did for that person?
Should I still forget everything?
The person who said you as a true friend, now treating you as nobody...
Should I forgive and forget everything?
And inspite of the person being selfish, I still have a corner in my heart, which gives me a pinch when I see the person in pain.. Makes me happy when I know the person is happy.. Makes me very sad that the things are not same between us, as they were...
Should I consider myself an emotional fool?
*deep-sigh*

6 Comments:

  • awww...

    Prachi hun, forgiving and forgetting is not as easy as it sounds. I've been in ur shoes. There was a guy who was a great friend of my dad. After my dad died, he helped us all etc. But something happened between us that made him angry with us. Later on, he wrote a letter to me..a very bad one. In total filth. I was shocked. Cos he's like my dad..how can he write such a letter to me?? Im like his child. Mebbe he was drunk when he wrote it. But his words pierced my heart and the hurt remained for years.

    But u know wut..he rang one day and asked for forgiveness from me! I didnt know what to say. After all those years of hurting and crying, he asks for forgiveness. I took some time to ans, but in the end, I told him 'ur forgiven' in Sinhalese. And looks like after saying those words, my heart has really forgiven him.

    try that...some words hv the power to heal ya.


    *HUGZ*

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 3/6/08 11:24  

  • forgiving is not easy...takes time but
    not impossible

    By Blogger Uma, at 4/6/08 12:18  

  • I had to go through that recently. It sometimes easier to say the words than actually do it. I suggest to let time take over and move away from that person. After a few days/weeks, things fall into perspective

    By Blogger Anu, at 4/6/08 20:47  

  • Forgiveness is more than a virtue, When we forgive, and take that deed to our brains and start acting all dignified, well, its something less humane, it doesn't work that way, when u forgive someone, it doesn mean that we're superior or the forgiven is inferior, its an act where u set things right, sort out things to save the situation and more than the situation, the relationship that u share with someone, well sometimes it changes the relationship in some ways, but it takes time for things to become normal,
    A lovely post, put me into deep introspection, just landed here thru anu's blog!!!

    Peace....

    By Blogger The Seeker, at 5/6/08 16:59  

  • one of the most important element of forgiveness is not to expect anything back. You forgive, and that's all

    By Blogger Nabeel, at 6/6/08 08:48  

  • Keshi: HUGS back to u.. I know.. but sometimes I get irritated.. and with this forgiving nature, people take u fro granted! But yeah.. I can never be angry on anyone for long!

    Uma: Hummm.. I agree!

    Anu: I suggest to let time take over and move away from that person. After a few days/weeks, things fall into perspective
    U understood exactly what I wanted to say! Thanks..

    My Musings: Thanks.. I know when u forgive noone is superior or inferior. But it’s a humen nature.. when u let go some things abt some person then u tend to expect something in return.. atleast a nice smile!!

    Nabeel: Huummm.. right.. But this is not only abt forgiveness. It’s like someone very close to me has gone away form me for no reason. And it’s hurting me so badly. It has made a very very deep impact on me. I can’t explain.. My husband says I m stupid to run behind the person who does not care for me an ounce. But then this IS my nature!! I can’t do tit for tat to them. And can’t forget the friendly relation which we shared for a long period! It’s difficult.. *sigh*

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 20/6/08 12:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home