A little something!

1 Nov 2006

A good (???) morning...

Recently, I read in the paper about the arrogance of autowalas n how they trouble all Mumbaikars! Not only autowalas, but everyone related to the public transport is arrogant I think. I remembered the following incidence which happened some days back.

What a bad start it was!

Usually everyday in the morning I catch the office bus 8.30 AM. That day I was a little late so I missed my regular bus (which happens many a times *oops*). Then, I was waiting for the next bus.. I saw it coming and waived my both the hands thinking that bus driver should not pass without halting.. But.. *sigh*.. he pretended that he did not see me.. (or I think I have reduced so much that he actually did not see me.. Here, I can see my friends saying, “no no.. he just ignored u!”)

I had to reach to the office before 9:30 at any cost because of some urgent work! So I went to Mulund Check naka (East) to take an auto. And guess what all the autowalas refused to take me to the Vikroli (the place where I work)!!! *surprised-annoyed-sad* W H Y??? Why the hell I am not fitting in to the criteria of the autowala? Lots of other people were getting the auto and I was the only one who was refused to take where I want!!! :(

I went to the traffic police for help and thanks(?) to him for making me understand that why I was refused! He said “Aho madam tumhala tar vikroli la ch jaychay na, andheri vagaire sanga mhanje lagech yetil te. Tyana laambchi bhadi havi astat!!!” (Translation: “You want to go to the Vikroli, if you tell them Andheri n all, they will come immediately. They want long-distance customers!!!” **). I was so irritated n my immediate reaction was “Mag tumhi kay kartay?” (Translation: “Then what the hell are you doing here?”). The traffic police got very angry, n started saying that this is not my duty n all, I am not here to provide you autos n blah blah! (I still seriously think that then what he was doing over there???, I mean i know he was there to manage the traffic but I think autowalas are also under them, no? What say?) Anyways, I came to know that there is no point in arguing with this guy n I have to help myself to reach to the office in time. I straight away got in to one of the autos and told autowala to take me to my destination or to the Police station!!! I can not believe that I actually did this. But then I had no option. Angry autowala is anytime better than an angry boss! And finally I reached to the office!

** Note: Distance from above mention Mulund check naka to Andheri is far than to Vikroli. But, it is also quite far. It charged me 95 bucks to reach my destination! Is Rs. 95 a small amount??? May be for autowala, but not for me *a-deep-sigh*

Lots of people must be experiencing similar incidents like this everyday. What is the use of this public transport then? I mean why such a things happen in India? I have been to Paris-France some months back... My first international trip, all alone, without knowing the place, without knowing the language. After getting out of the airport, I just showed the map to the taxi driver (he was not knowing anything apart from ‘YES’ in English!), and he dropped me I exactly where I wanted to go, without taking me anywhere else, n the taxi fare was also exact what I was told it will be! If this would have been the case in India... then you can imagine how taxi driver would have fooled the person. The traffic police, who is there to help the travelers (atleast I think so), when he refuses to help you, whom should we go? In a city like Mumbai, people travel so much to reach everywhere in time, especially at their workplace, but then if we have such a bad transport system and people around then how should we manage?

12 Comments:

  • aink?! but traffic policemen usually help [:O] i've been helped by maamaas before.. tis strange..

    By Blogger Nessa, at 3/11/06 09:20  

  • Even i believed this from my past experience... but ah.. not this time :(. Lots of people said that they do bribe traffic police so that they can not control them. The autowalas ka union is over there! n u know our mamas.. My grandfather said, if something like this happens in future then you shud ask the police his batch no! It works :|

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 6/11/06 09:24  

  • Good to hear tht your birthday is on the same date as mine.....

    You Zodiac Sign by Name think soo it is --- VIRGO >>> right ????/

    sooo your name starting with "PRA" - PRACHI

    Hey prachi -- think you ave just started your blog... nice !!!

    I rarely blog now a days....

    Bye ! Get back to you later... have a nice day...

    By Blogger Big Bad Boy, at 7/11/06 10:46  

  • wherever there r humans, there'll always be some arrogance...it happens everywhere, not only Mumbai.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 8/11/06 06:54  

  • That story surprises me. I'm surprised they drivers are apparently so busy that they can turn people down if they don't like where you're traveling to. Hmm.

    I hardly ever take a cab, but I take the bus everyday. Not fun. Especially when I can't get a seat and have to stand :(

    By Blogger AnonymousBlogger, at 8/11/06 09:54  

  • bbb: Thanks for dropping by... yeah just started blogging a few days back. You too have a nice day.

    keshi: okay.. but then when this affects you routine life then you feel that something is wrong here!!!

    AB: hummm... it’s sad. Apparently everyone runs behind money I guess. More the distance more the money n you are welcomed. Not everyone but majority of them are like that.

    N yeah, even I can not manage standing in the bus. Rather I prefer to take the next one then :(

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 9/11/06 09:59  

  • yeah I think so.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 10/11/06 08:56  

  • mojindro: Thanks for dropping here :)
    Yeah, I agree that our system is unorganised. I feel that all of us should take the responsibly for this instead of waiting for anyone else to do that. but then I don’t think this is also possible. The best thing is learn to survive!!!

    keshi: :)

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 10/11/06 15:03  

  • I know how hard it is to tolerate these ppl including police walla's but as u said the best thing is learn to survive. Thanx for stopping by :)

    Stay Beautiful...!!

    By Blogger Sugarlips, at 10/11/06 22:55  

  • sugarlips: :)

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 15/11/06 09:50  

  • mi vikroli la ekda aalo hoto.. near tht Godrej campus.. hmmm.. nice experience tht was so thnx for reminding me

    autowalas r rude in pune too.. so ppl here face this sitn always.. n lets not start talking about traffic policemen

    By Blogger Sudeep, at 16/11/06 19:33  

  • sudeep: hay I my office is in Godrej campus only :)

    Autowalas in pune are the rudest one in all over the world. I think tyana kuthetari jaycha asta and jar aapla destination vaatet asel tar te aaplyala tikade sodtat!!!

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 20/11/06 09:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home