A little something!

15 Sept 2008

Bon anniversaire Hubby dear! :)

It was my husband B’day in last week (11 Sept)! Both of us had to do little late sitting in the office, as a result we had to cancel our dinner-out plan! But still we had fabulous time.

So here it goes..

To start with, I made cake, on 10th (I love to cook). Tried very hard to hide it before hubby came home, which was not successful, as the smell told him everything. (And then his other response was, “Sweetheart, I knew you will make cake for me!” :)) So... I made Date and Banana cake (with my own imagination), and to my surprised it turned up quite delicious one! To be honest, I had absolutely no idea if, there is anything called as date and banana cake! But what happened was: I wanted to make Banana Cake. But in over-enthu, I forgot the most important ingredient butter! *oh-shit*. Then I remembered, my mother in law makes date and carrot cake, and she uses oil instead of butter in it. But then here, I didn’t have carrots! *Prachi-pulling-out-her-hair* So... I used my super presence of mind (?) and made Date and Banana (instead of carrot) cake with oil (instead of butter)! And you can see the result in the picture.. (Don’t go on the picture quality, my phone camera does not work well in the night mode. In reality, the cake was testy.)

So, cake cutting ceremony was done at 12 am and then I gave this certificate to hubby dear. He was almost in tears (I love archies for putting the exact feelings on the paper!)

Then on actual birth day, we reached home at 9pm and decided to order some food. So with good food (curtsy - hubby’s fantastic choice), wine (curtsy - Archana, my friend) and candles (curtsy – yours truly) made our evening!

Hubby dear, you are the best! I mean each and every single word written in the certificate. You have been by my side in all my difficult times and loved me as I am. You are my best friend and my sole-mate. I can be myself in your company and that what makes you very special (I am lil selfish!). May we celebrate many many more birthdays like this. God bless you!

8 Comments:

  • aww how very sweet Prachi!

    Happy Bday to ur Man! ;-)


    ** I used my super presence of mind (?) and made Date and Banana (instead of carrot) cake with oil (instead of butter)


    haha ur kidding me right!!! With oil? LOL LOL LOL so cute! Looks terrific tho :) Im sure it tasted good too!


    U reminded me of a cake I made for my ex-Bf on his bday...it was falling apart, the icing I mean...lol he still loved it.


    *HUGZ* u deserve the best guy on Earth, cos u hv a beautiful heart!

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 17/9/08 12:27  

  • Belated birthday wishes to Rohan Jiju!!!

    Take care sis!!!

    By Blogger The Seeker, at 18/9/08 18:07  

  • Belated wishes!!! You are a lucky woman just as he is a lucky man!

    By Blogger Solitaire, at 19/9/08 10:28  

  • awww...thats soo sweeet!
    I yet have to cook a cake for my hubby!

    By Blogger Ekta, at 23/9/08 14:49  

  • Best-Wishes !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25/9/08 00:17  

  • come n check out my celebrity life!

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 3/10/08 06:52  

  • aah the sweetness of relationships...its moments like these that make it all worth it

    By Blogger Raghav, at 26/10/08 21:56  

  • Thanks all for wonderful wishes.. I have been very busy these days. So could not comment.

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 5/11/08 14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home