A little something!

23 Nov 2006

25!

I have completed 25 years on this earth yesterday (nothing great to mention as such!). A real huge period! Time to celebrate my silver jubilee in this world :D. But on the serious notes... I feel it’s a kind of a milestone in my life. I feel from a girl I have become a woman now. When I look back how I was before some years, I can see a huge difference in the prachi then and prachi now! Nothing like I have achieved something very great. But I have changed.. My priorities have changed.

Below is the list of the things which are making me think that I am getting matured (a decent way of saying growing old... Don’t know what expression to put... a *sigh* or just a :D)

  • When I work I can not forget about my personal problems, and when I am at home, I can’t stop thinking about my work problems.
  • I really think collage going young ones should plan for their future well in advance.
  • I have realised work experience is very much important. And our work is done more smoothly when we have experienced people with us.
  • I find mother’s day more important to celebrate than a friendship day. Of course friends will always be friends, even though you celebrate the friendship day or not!!!
  • I have realised my parents are doing much more for me than I deserve.
  • I have realised lots of other people around me including my ahem Mr. Special.. are also doing much more for me than I deserve.
  • Rather than listing to the music loudly, I like to keep the volume low. (okay.. Anyways I was never a fan of high watts of music system n the loud music as such.. but still now a days the music I listen to is as good as in mute volume).
  • I love to listen to the old songs. Sometimes I also say.. today’s music.. ohhh..
  • I feel the music albums today are shitty. (okay.. not all but some of them are).
  • Poetries... yes.. I can read poetries now.. earlier I never used to understand a single line.
  • I have started exercises.. (Confused? But earlier I used to hate doing all this, n used to feel I will be perfectly fit without it!)
  • With reference to the above point, I have started going for a morning walk. Because I really feel that it’s the best exercise and I should start exercising now before I get some incurable decease.
  • I think should drink atleast 2 litres of water in a day to keep my self healthy. (I mean in short I should say I have become health conscious!)
  • When I go out with any of my friends in hotel after many days, I keep on saying.. I will pay the bill... n I really do. When the friend gives the half the amount, I say, leave it.. you pay next time!
  • I can eat alone at the chat counter if I am hungry (I have not yet gone alone in any of the hotels thought. May be I will do that in my 30s :D).
  • I don’t wait for my all the friends to see a movie. I just go n watch it whenever I feel like. With some company of course.
  • I don’t watch all the movies!
  • I don’t watch all the Yashraj movies only because Shahrukh Khan is there!
  • And even though I happen to watch the movie of srk, n I don’t like it, then I don’t pretend that I liked it very much!
  • I like a car more than a bike.
  • I don’t like modified funky bikes.
  • I think majority of (n not all, okay) MBAs are over smart than just smart.
  • I think I don’t have any right to interfere in anyone’s life.
  • I think I have given more than required rights to some of the people around me to interfere in my life.
  • I don’t pay money to each and every beggar who comes across.
  • I keep on looking for the tax saving options :D.
  • I buy comfortable foot ware than sexy looking high hilled one.
  • I have realised that the company hires the useless and non-cooperative people for its HR department. And these people are there to make employees feel that they are paid much more than they deserve.
  • I have accepted the fact that everyone around you is not a good person. You have to fight a battle to make them behave well with you.
  • I have realised, life doesn’t hand you a trophy, you got to get it yourself!!! (Not my sentence but feelings are mine ofcourse! Just read somewhere some days back.)
There are many more to add on I guess.. but I thing I should save some for my 30s right?

Note: I have not done proofreading of the above post. So if any typos... please bear with me!

20 Comments:

  • Happy birthday to you again, thats quite a thoughtful list :).May you celebrate a lot more 25th's.

    By Blogger s, at 23/11/06 14:14  

  • wow nice one! And happy bday beautiful woman!

    **I buy comfortable foot ware than sexy looking high hilled one.

    hehe ur really wise!

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 24/11/06 08:35  

  • Happy Birthday girly :)
    Many many more happy & cheerful returns of the day :)
    I also go for comfortable foot ware & love old music :D

    Stay Beautiful...!!

    By Blogger Sugarlips, at 24/11/06 13:00  

  • shweta: Thanks.. :). He list is just, the things which came in my mind and I really feel I have changed a lot!

    keshi: Thanks to u too :).. yes yes.. I am getting wiser :D

    sugarlips: :) thanks... comfortable foot ware = comfortable day.. old music, nice anytime!

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 24/11/06 17:56  

  • You are always welcome Prachi :)
    Come over will have fruit surprise & lost of masti together ;)

    *Smiles*

    By Blogger Sugarlips, at 28/11/06 00:09  

  • many happy returns of the day !

    so at 25 you feel like a woman, wonder what you felt like when you turned 21 ??!!

    just kidding

    When I work I can not forget about my personal problems, and when I am at home, I can’t stop thinking about my work problems.

    this is so true !

    By Blogger Raghav, at 28/11/06 02:26  

  • Happy birthday to you.

    Nice ramp of 25 years....really good introspection....

    Bat the post, the points that i liked most are

    I have realised that the company hires the useless and non-cooperative people for its HR department. And these people are there to make employees feel that they are paid much more than they
    deserve.

    @Me : I agree with you 100%. And i feel that for this the best person to be choosen as HR should be from the same lot of employees.



    I have accepted the fact that everyone around you is not a good person. You have to fight a battle to make them behave well with you.

    @Me : In my opinion , dont change others, just bend youself a bit and they will change themselves on their own.



    I have realised, life doesn’t hand you a trophy, you got to get it yourself!!!

    @Me : But i think life itself is a trophy ...What say???????

    By Blogger All Is Whole, at 28/11/06 10:37  

  • *sigh* u still sound like a little girl to me, honey.. u're just too nice to grow up =)

    By Blogger Nessa, at 28/11/06 13:31  

  • Belated B'day!!!
    Well nice way of telling things....but i dont know why ...im just 21 and i think i do all that...am i a woman at just 21???

    By Blogger Saira, at 28/11/06 14:14  

  • sugarlips: thanks :).. I would love to.

    raghav: Thank you very much. I don’t remember how I felt when I turned 21 :D. But yes, when I was 18.. I felt like I have become old!!
    Yeah.. not a professional thing.. but true *sigh*

    prashant: thank you very much for the wishes and dropping on my blog.

    I agree with you 100%. And i feel that for this the best person to be choosen as HR should be from the same lot of employees.
    Still HR ppl will behave in the same manner, I guess. They are paid for that! *grrrr*

    In my opinion , dont change others, just bend youself a bit and they will change themselves on their own.
    Hummm.. but how much you will bend yaar.. there is a limit for everything. But anyways a good option!

    But i think life itself is a trophy ...What say???????
    Yeah, may be!

    nessa: does this mean I am not grown up yet? :D. thanks sweetie for taking out the time to read this.. I know I made you read it!

    saira: thanks.
    No no.. you are perfect. That’s the right age to become a woman.. I was a little late..
    Thanks for the visit!

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 28/11/06 17:12  

  • Considering the fact that I spent the whole 24 hours of my 25th b'day staying drunk and popping champaign.. hmm you are a grown up now.

    Hapy Bday and Cheers to that.!!!

    By Blogger Mr. J, at 29/11/06 01:34  

  • Well first of all, happy birthday!

    Second, it's great that you have learned so much in your 25 years. Imagine how much you will know when you're 50. That should be something to look forward to.

    By Blogger AnonymousBlogger, at 29/11/06 09:38  

  • Way to go..U `ve spent a quarter century on earth..

    By Blogger Siddarth, at 29/11/06 10:24  

  • Thanx for making me feel good abt myself..;)

    By Blogger Saira, at 29/11/06 12:52  

  • john: thanks :). N cheers to u too n thanks for dropping by.

    AB: Thanks for the wishes.
    Yup... u got a good point!

    siddarth: yes.. a quarter :). Thanks for the visit.

    saira: ;)

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 4/12/06 10:30  

  • haila!! so it was ur b'day.. after reading ur comment on my post i thought it was ur mom's b'day too.. sheesh!

    sorry for the late wishes but a very happy b'day to u..
    aur yeh batado ki kaunse hotel aana hain.. waise bhi pura bill hamesha toh u will pay na :P

    jokes apart but really well thought over points n many of them got me thinking too.. ohh me too approaching quarter life crisis in one year!!
    Time to start writing a post for then now itself.. he he

    By Blogger Sudeep, at 4/12/06 17:24  

  • happy belated birthday. Just remember - you're only young once, but you're never too old to be immature.

    By Blogger Trundling Grunt, at 6/12/06 08:05  

  • sudeep: Thanks for the wishes. N yeah.. u decide kaunsa hotel. N don’t worry abt bill at all :). Always welcome. So Vaishali on sat? ;)

    waiting for ur post for completing ur quarter on this earth!

    tg: thanks :). Yeah.. I will surely remember that. hope u didn’t mean to say that I still AM immature :|

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 6/12/06 10:48  

  • Belated B'day wishes to you gal!!!

    I have accepted the fact that everyone around you is not a good person.
    I totally agree with you here...I know Im surrounded by not so good people in real life....

    I don’t watch all the Yashraj movies only because Shahrukh Khan is there!
    Oh my god!!
    I havent seen any of his movie in theater..dunno why :)))

    Nice one here....got to know so much about u in the first visit itself :)

    By Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr, at 7/12/06 12:53  

  • arz000n: Welcome and thanks for your b’day wishes :).

    Earlier I used to believe that, if you are good, person around you will behave in good manner with you. But.. *sigh*.. I was wrong :(

    You have not seen any of the Yashraj movies in the theatre??? Awww.. earlier his movies really used to be very nice, but now a days.. oh god.. all HUGE houses, HUGE starcast and same melodrama everytime!

    Nice one here....got to know so much about u in the first visit itself :)
    My pleasure :)

    By Blogger PrAcHi, at 7/12/06 16:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home